He has 30 years of senior executive experience in the airline/travel industry as well has held governance positions in local government and the health sector.
He has a commercial and entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for aviation, hospitality, travel and tourism. His experience and background in commerce and governance have given him a depth and breadth of skills that are highly transferable to any industry.
He has a unique blend of both operational and commercial experience, with an in-depth and broad understanding of strategic planning, business development, financial management and sales & marketing in a time sensitive and fluid industry sector.
Area of Expertise
· Executive Leadership
· Strategic planning
· Regulatory compliance
· Organisational Design and development
· Operational management
· Project planning/execution
· Financial Plan development and management
· Revenue Goal/Growth Attainment
· Contract development
· Sales and marketing strategies development and implementation
· Route and product development
· Channel distribution Senior level relationship building- Commercial & Governance/legislative
· Change management
· Performance management
· Total Quality Management
· Continuous Improvement of Operational processes and standards
· Negotiation, persuasion and communication
· Training and Leadership development
Ewan trained as a pilot before moving into management roles including head of Airline Sales and Marketing and CEO. ' I have a very good understanding of airline and travel sector, including distribution channels and know the importance of getting the yield management model right for the size and model of the business. He has held airline CEO approval under the New Zealand CAA Part 121, 119 and has a passion for airline safety.
Wilson has written 3 books including two best sellers